Hilarious Hughie Maughan's tan stunt received a mixed reactions from the viewers



The Big Brother runner-up, Hughie  Hilariously  appeared with an insanely dark tan on his face while competing on the Irish version of Dancing With The Stars over the weekend.

He said the tan on his face was because he used make-up meant for The Voice Of Ireland judge Jamelia on his patchy tan...funny
Speaking to RTE's Radio One with Ryan Tubridy, Hughie explained: "What happened was I got to the studios and I started sweating because we’d been rehearsing all day in these massive heavy clothes underneath all the lights.

"I had to constantly wipe my face and I ended up looking like a Dalmatian."

He contin
ued: "It was all patchy so we had to get this foundation you'd normally use for African skin - it was actually the same foundation the makeup artist used for Jamelia on The Voice.
"It was obviously for a black person and I’m white. When we put it on we realised how dark it was and then it was two minutes to air and there was nothing we could do. The other stuff they had wasn’t dark enough because of the tan that was on my face."

While Mr Maughan started trending on Twitter due to his botched glow, he isn't too annoyed.

He told Tubridy: "It’s made people speak about me which is probably a good thing, I am on a TV show… Isn’t that the point of television?"
However, Hughie who is engaged to Ryan Ruckledge stunt did not go down with so many people and has since been receiving a whole lot of abuse for his tan, with some people claiming the error was akin to blackface.

He tweeted: "F*** the haters I took sole responsibility for the tan, I'm glad people found it funny and I hope they continue to enjoy me on the show.

"Can't believe I've been receiving death threats this week because of the tan .. my God how am I racist for a tan mistake."

Comments