Madonna was hugged by her four adopted children as they open hospital in Malawi ahead of CBS special

The 59-year-old Queen of Pop Madonna shared a heartwarming image with her four adopted children at the opening of a children's hospital in Malawi - in honour of her 11-year-old adopted daughter Mercy James.

The picture shows a delighted Madge hugging David Banda and Mercy James - both 11 - who are facing the camera - and her recently adopted twins Esther and Stella Mwale, who have their faces turned away from the camera.

She captioned: 'Be Sure to Watch @cbssundaymorning This Sunday-Sept 17th!! They Joined me in Malawi for the opening of the Mercy James Pediatric Hospital and We. are ready to tell our story!!! @cbssundaymorning.'

Inspired by her brood, the singer returned to the southeastern African country in July to officially open a children's hospital wing that her charity Raising Malawi has helped to build.
The Pop Queen who recently eyed-up the purchase of a £7 million sprawling mansion in Lisbon, Portugal, named the 50-bed paediatric facility after her 11-year-old daughter Mercy James and was joined by her little girl at its launch two months ago. 

The Like A Virgin hitmaker has adopted four children from Malawi - David Banda in 2006 and Mercy James in 2009, and twins Esther and Stella Mwale in 2017.

She also has a biological daughter, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, 20, who she had with Carlos Leon.

And she shares son, Rocco Ritchie, 16, with ex-husband Guy Ritchie.

The star admitted recently that she once 'cried herself to sleep' after reading headlines accusing her of 'kidnapping' her adopted 11-year-old son David from Lilongwe orphanage, Home of Hope, back in 2008.

'In my mind, I was thinking, "Wait a minute. I'm trying to save somebody's life. Why are you all s***ing on me right now?" I did everything by the book. That was a real low point for me,' the 59-year-old Queen of Pop lamented to People on Wednesday.

'I've had some pretty dark moments, but I'm a survivor...It's complicated, but it's so worth it.'
Due to her divorce from second husband Guy Ritchie, Madge (born Ciccone) was deemed 'not capable of raising a child' and she successfully challenged Malawi's Supreme Court.

'The way I was treated - that sexist behavior - was ridiculous,' Madonna - nicknamed 'Mambo' by her little ones - said.

'Because I'm a public figure, people don't want to be perceived as giving me any kind of special treatment, so I get the hard road.'

Madonna told People on Tuesday that she hopes to set a good example to her children. 'I want my kids to be loving, decent, compassionate human beings. I try to set a good example. But it's been a rollercoaster ride,' she told the publication.

Comments